Introduction & Overview 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chana or lentils dal
- 2 sticks of curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsps oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tomato.(peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 tsp red or green chilly paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak dal for half an hour.
- Boil it with little salt until just soft.
- Heat oil , add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add curry leaves.
- Add tomato , turmeric, garlic paste and chilly paste , braise for 5 mins on low heat.
- Add boiled dal, on low heat for another 5 mins.
- Add 1 cup water, and lemon juice ,cook on low heat till gravy slightly thick.
- Check salt and garnish with coriander leaves
OPTION: YOU CAN ADD PIECES OF BOILED POTATOES IN IT
Ravi’s Tips Remove the stems of green chilies while storing them .This will help them to stay fresh for long.