Cooking Time: 25 minutes Preparation time 30 minutes
Serves: 5 people
- 500 gm of chicken cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 green chillies chopped fine take seed out if you like it mild
- 4oz Tomato sauce
- ½ packet of butter
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- 1 Cup of single cream
- 2 cloves
- 5tbsp of sunflower oil
- ¼ tbsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- In a pan add chicken pieces adding garlic, ginger and chillies, salt and 2 cups of water and bring it to boil, once boiled leave that aside
- In another pan take ½ slab of butter add chopped onions and fry till golden brown making sure they don’t burn, once done take out the fried onions.
- In a grinder put fried onion, tomato sauce, cream and chopped tomatoes and a little bit of chicken stock from the chicken you boiled earlier, if you like the dish with extra gravy, grind to make a fine paste.
- Take the pan you used to fry your onions in add sunflower oil, cumin seeds and cloves coriander powder, turmeric and cook on low flame until the cumin seeds for about 2 minutes!
- Add the chicken pieces you boiled earlier, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the paste from the blender to the chicken, cook for 10 minutes until you have the required consistency of the gravy
Add Garam masala stir well and leave it covered for 5 minutes, its ready to eat