- 500 gms boneless Lamb pieces-cleaned
- 2 medium onions (1 for paste and 1 onion chopped)
- 1/2 cup low fat yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 tsp salt- to taste
- 1 cup of single cream
- 6 nos almonds
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 2 tsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Soak saffron in hot water.
- Prepare a masala paste of coriander seeds, 1 onion, almonds and garlic then mix it with 1/2 cup yoghurt- Using a mixer.
- If you don’t have an electric mixer than use 1Tbsp of coriander powder and 1 Tbsp of ground almonds and mix with very finely chopped onions and garlic and mix it with yogurt.
- Marinate the Lamb in above mixture for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion. Keep aside
- In the pan add the marinated Lamb and cook till the masala dries. Add one cup of hot water and cook for 35 minutes, then keep it aside.
- Add salt, pepper powder, paprika powder and cook till oil separates.
- Add fried onions and the beaten cream.
- Add soaked saffron to the cooked Lamb masala.
- Add garam masala and cook for 5 mins.
Serve it over rice with chopped coriander leaves on top.