Cooking Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 700 gms lamb, chopped into small cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1″ long ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 oz pasata or half tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp gram masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 fresh green chillies, freshly chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan. Add turmeric and leave for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, ginger, garlic, ground coriander, cumin seeds, fresh chopped chillies, salt and a cup of water.
- Add the lamb and cook on medium heat for approx 25 minutes, till the water evaporates and you have thick gravy.
- Add tomatoes or pasata and heat for about 5 minutes until the gravy becomes a sauce.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until the lamb is almost cooked.
- Add garam masala and leave on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.