Cauliflower and Potatotes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 300 gm of peeled or baby potatoes
- 300 gm cauliflower cut in bite size pieces
- long ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 oz pasata or chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mixed spices (if you can’t get them then mix fennel seed and fenugreek seeds and onion seeds, equal quantities)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves,crushed
- 2 fresh green chillies, freshly chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds and fry till they start to change colour and start jumping up and down..
- Add ginger, garlic paste and green chillies. Cover and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add all the powders and pasata , cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add potatoes & Cauliflower to pan with salt and 50 ml of water
- Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat
- Sprinkle garam masala and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander