Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tin of Chickpeas
- long ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 oz pasata or half tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 fresh green chillies, freshly chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds and fry till they start to change colour and start jumping up and down..
- Add ginger, garlic paste and green chillies. Cover and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add all the powders and pasata or chopped tomatoes, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Drain the Chickpeas from the can and wash thoroughly. Add to pan with salt
- Add enough water to get a nice sauce by breaking part of the chick peas with the ladle- to get consistency on the sauce and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot on a bed of basmati rice.