Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 300 gms paneer, cubed (this can be homemade paneer or you can buy frozen packet in Tesco)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped, or paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste or 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh green chillies sliced
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Oil for frying
- Little water
- Finely cut spring onions and coriander to garnish
- Mix egg, 1 tsp salt, corn flour, ginger, garlic and water and coat the paneer cubes with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer pieces coated with mixture till golden brown.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok or similar pan stir and fry onions over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, salt, soy sauce, vinegar and the fried paneer cubes.
- Mix well and garnish the chilli paneer with finely cut spring onions and coriander.
Orange pumpkin/ Kaddoo is perfect for thickening gravies that have become too thin! I usually boil and mash pumpkin and freeze it in an ice cube tray. That way its readily available when you need it. Just add a few cubes to a too-thin curry and cook for 5 minutes. Voila! No more runny gravy