- 3 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 black or brown cardamom pods
- 2 cup dried coconut
- 2 cup Basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-soak rice for 20 mins & then rinse well.
- Heat ghee or butter in a heavy pot & sauté cumin till brown.
- Add turmeric, cloves, peppercorns & cardamom. Stir for about a minute.
- Add & stir in coconut. Sauté till golden.
- Add rice & continue sautéing, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water, add salt, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover & cook for about 15 minutes, until the water has evaporated & the rice is cooked.
Garnish with cashews, raisins & almonds.