- ¾ cup Milk & Water 50/50
- 1 tsp. Yeast
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 tbsps. Clarified butter (Ghee)
- 2 tbsps. Yoghurt
- 2 tsps. Onion seeds
- Whisk warm milk/water with the yeast and sugar until the yeast is dissolved. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Add plain flour into a large bowl add the yeast mixture, half of the ghee and the yogurt.
- Mix into a soft dough then knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover and let stand in a warm place for 1/2 hours or until the dough is doubled in size.
- Punch down dough then knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece out into 8 inch round Naans.
- Cover an oven tray with foil and grease the foil. Brush the nan with a little of the remaining ghee and sprinkle with some of the onion seeds.Cook Naan under a very hot grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until puffed and just browned