Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup basmati rice
- ¼ lb frozen peas
- 1 tsp salt
- In a strainer, thoroughly wash rice under running water.
- In a large saucepan melt butter or oil over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds
- Add rice and stir to thoroughly coat with butter mixture.
- Add frozen peas.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water and salt to taste. Bring to the boil, cover pan tightly and reduce heat to very low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed.
- Using a fork, fluff rice and serve.