Indian Vegetable Curry hard to believe a generous portion of this curry recipe is low in fat and calories. It has a warm, rich flavour and is very filling! Each serving provides 2.2 portions of your 5-a-day fruit and vegetables, and is vegetarian friendly.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- | 220 calories
- | 4.6g fat
- | 7.9g protein
- | 37.4g carb
- | 9.3g fibre
- 1 Tbsp Oil – I recommend sunflower oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Med Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, sliced
- 1 small Apple, peeled cored and diced
- 1tsp Chilli Powder
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Turmeric Powder
- 100g Green Beans, sliced
- 200g Cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 100g Carrots, sliced
- 100g Potatoes, diced
- 1tsp Tomato Puree
- 20g Sultanas
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and stir fry garlic, onion, celery and apple for 5 minutes. Add chilli, ginger and turmeric and continue to stir fry gently for a further minute.
2. Add the green beans, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes plus 300ml water. Stir in tomato puree, sultanas and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35 – 40 minutes.
3. Enjoy the aroma until ready to serve!